"TO THE FANS.
My life is completely fucked at this point. With the traveling that I've been doing non-stop for the last couple of years, you could take the miles of ground I've covered, divde them by the time it took to cover them all, and find that my life unfolds at an impressive average of miles per hour. I live fast.
The video you just watched was about everything I did to make my dreams of becoming famous and partying like a rock star come true. Mora than I ever dreamt of has become a reality and now all the cliches about 'the price of fame' are proving to be true. I wouldn't trade fame and fortune for anything, I just want to explain some of the drawbacks. Wow, am I stoned, haha, this is funny as hell, hold on, I've got to smoke some more grass...
OK, so everybody thinks that when you're famous that you get laid as much as you want. You do get laid whole hell of a lot more, but I've found being famous to be a real cock-blocking factor lately. The chicks that are really rad are the ones that automatically don't want to fuck you because they assume that you are a filthy, std-riddled bastard after all the fucking you've been doing. The chicks that want to fuck you because you're famous are generally chicks that it's not a good idea to fuck. I decided a while back that I would fuck nothing but rubbers and that slutty chicks were more than welcome to help me. Then I tried to become monogamous with a girl that I will always love and went through hell before I figure out that my career made the relationship impossible. The point is that being famous fucks up 'love', whatever that is... So far, I've managed to avoid std's, so I fully believe that there is still hope for me to figure out 'love' some time later. My life is too fucked up now to even try.
Ok, so everybody also assumes that being on tv means that you are rich. Not necessarily true at all. I made less than fifteen hundread dollars for the entire first season of Jackass. I didn't care about that tough, my whole art was founded in being able to entertain my way through life so that I would never need money. If I had been motivated by money, I'd never have made it anywhere. I've been motivated by this idea of an afterlife that I have: to still exist, entertain and influence people, even imrpove people's days, after I die-- making me immortal. You can't spend money when you're dead, and I've always expected to, one way or another, die very young, so I've never dwelled on it. Dispite that, I've made some money and now I feel like I've become a big target for resentment, because everybody knows it.
Now let me address the issue of people coming up to me in public. It can really suck. I especially hate it when people come uo to me and say 'I'm your biggest fan". Fuck that bullshit, I'm my biggest fan goddamit. I know that, to read this, you had to hit slow-mo on you dvd player and all of you who did that after watching this documentary about me, really are my biggest fans. If any of you see me anywhere, come up to me and tell me that you are me 'second biggest fan' ad I will hug the shit out of you. I really will be totally fucking stoked, it will make the bullshit fully worth it. Fame has really made me feel alienated in a lot of ways.
What am I going to do about it? I'll tell you, I'm going to keep filming the craziest fucking shit I possibly can. I'm done whining about my job now. I'm going to get back doing it. Make sure you get on the message board of my website and leave me messages. I read all of that shit and reply to lots of it.
I love you guys, thank you all,
Steve-O"
2004
My life is completely fucked at this point. With the traveling that I've been doing non-stop for the last couple of years, you could take the miles of ground I've covered, divde them by the time it took to cover them all, and find that my life unfolds at an impressive average of miles per hour. I live fast.
The video you just watched was about everything I did to make my dreams of becoming famous and partying like a rock star come true. Mora than I ever dreamt of has become a reality and now all the cliches about 'the price of fame' are proving to be true. I wouldn't trade fame and fortune for anything, I just want to explain some of the drawbacks. Wow, am I stoned, haha, this is funny as hell, hold on, I've got to smoke some more grass...
OK, so everybody thinks that when you're famous that you get laid as much as you want. You do get laid whole hell of a lot more, but I've found being famous to be a real cock-blocking factor lately. The chicks that are really rad are the ones that automatically don't want to fuck you because they assume that you are a filthy, std-riddled bastard after all the fucking you've been doing. The chicks that want to fuck you because you're famous are generally chicks that it's not a good idea to fuck. I decided a while back that I would fuck nothing but rubbers and that slutty chicks were more than welcome to help me. Then I tried to become monogamous with a girl that I will always love and went through hell before I figure out that my career made the relationship impossible. The point is that being famous fucks up 'love', whatever that is... So far, I've managed to avoid std's, so I fully believe that there is still hope for me to figure out 'love' some time later. My life is too fucked up now to even try.
Ok, so everybody also assumes that being on tv means that you are rich. Not necessarily true at all. I made less than fifteen hundread dollars for the entire first season of Jackass. I didn't care about that tough, my whole art was founded in being able to entertain my way through life so that I would never need money. If I had been motivated by money, I'd never have made it anywhere. I've been motivated by this idea of an afterlife that I have: to still exist, entertain and influence people, even imrpove people's days, after I die-- making me immortal. You can't spend money when you're dead, and I've always expected to, one way or another, die very young, so I've never dwelled on it. Dispite that, I've made some money and now I feel like I've become a big target for resentment, because everybody knows it.
Now let me address the issue of people coming up to me in public. It can really suck. I especially hate it when people come uo to me and say 'I'm your biggest fan". Fuck that bullshit, I'm my biggest fan goddamit. I know that, to read this, you had to hit slow-mo on you dvd player and all of you who did that after watching this documentary about me, really are my biggest fans. If any of you see me anywhere, come up to me and tell me that you are me 'second biggest fan' ad I will hug the shit out of you. I really will be totally fucking stoked, it will make the bullshit fully worth it. Fame has really made me feel alienated in a lot of ways.
What am I going to do about it? I'll tell you, I'm going to keep filming the craziest fucking shit I possibly can. I'm done whining about my job now. I'm going to get back doing it. Make sure you get on the message board of my website and leave me messages. I read all of that shit and reply to lots of it.
I love you guys, thank you all,
Steve-O"
2004
Comentários